The Smith & Wesson M&P15 has earned the reputation of being one of the most reliable AR-15 clones in existence. With several variations of the model already available, Smith & Wesson has introduced a more affordable version, without compromising the outstanding reliability of the M&P15 line. They call it the “Sport”.
- Model: M&P15 Sport
- Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO
- Capacity: 30 Round Detachable Magazine
- Action: Semi-Auto
- Barrel Length: 16″ / 40.6 cm
- Barrel Twist: 1 in 8″ 5R Rifling
- Front Sight: Adjustable A2 Post
- Rear Sight: Magpul Folding MBUS
- Overall Length: 35″ Extended / 32″ Collapsed
- Stock: 6 Position Telescopic
- Weight: 6.45 lbs. / 2,925.7 g
- Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
- Barrel Finish: Melonite
- Receiver Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Receiver Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized
- Chromed Components: Gas Key, Bolt Carrier
- Purpose: Competitive, Recreational, Professional/Duty, Home Protection, Hunting
The Suggested Retail Price is set at $739.00, but as of this writing, the M&P15 Sport can be purchased through online retailers for around $640.00.
The M&P15 Sport product page can be viewed here.
A full review of the M&P15 Sport is available from TheTruthAboutGuns.com